Students attend a specific school based on the student's home address, which falls within a designated school zone. If a student would like to attend a school that is not associated with their home address they must request a variance to attend another school.
To find the school that your are zoned for, click on the following link and enter your home address:
SCHOOL ZONES (ENGLISH)
SCHOOL ZONES (SPANISH)
Variances are reviewed and approved or denied based on a number of reasons including attendance, behavior, academic standing, and appropriate space within student grade/class sizes. Approved variances do not provide transportation; this is the responsibility of the parent/guardian(s). A variance may be revoked at any time as a result of discipline, attendance problems, or classroom overcrowding. Variances are granted for one year only and must be reapplied for every year.
In District Variance Process (School to School)
To obtain an In District Variance, parents must complete the In District Variance form and submit it to the school of request. Please review the following process for In District Variances.
The school that a student is applying to attend outside of their school zone is the school of request. The school that the student is zoned to attend will be referred to as the releasing school.
Upon review and approval of a student’s variance, the school of request will scan and forward the form via email to the releasing school. The variance form will include appropriate completion and signatures by the parent/guardian(s) and appropriate signature by the site administrator. Each school will ensure that:
- The site administrator at the school of request approves or declines student variance and signs the FORM. The FORM will be scanned and emailed to the releasing school.
- The site administrator at the releasing school will provide the final decision on approval or denial of the FORM. The releasing school will email the completed FORM to the school of request.
- When a variance is declined by either site administrator, the FORM will be returned to originating school. Site administrators will ensure open communication regarding the variance process and approval/denials.
- The school of request will forward the final executed form to the parent/guardian(s) to communicate the approval or denial of the student’s variance. Site administrator and site contact person(s) will be included in all variance correspondence.
Inter District Variance Process (Out of County Variances)
To obtain an Inter District Variance, parents must complete the Out of County Variance form and submit it to the district of residence for release. Please review the following process for Inter District Variances.
The variance form will include appropriate completion and signatures by the parent/guardian(s) and appropriate approvals/signatures by school district officials. Upon review and approval of a student’s variance, the releasing school district will scan and forward the form via email to CCSD.
CCSD will ensure that:
- The CCSD site administrator approves or declines student variance, and signs FORM.
- The FORM will be electronically forwarded / scanned to CCSD Educational Services for final review.
- If approved by the CCSD site administrator and Educational Services designee, CCSD will email the completed FORM to the appropriate district and contact as designated below copying the CCSD site administrator for school record keeping purposes. When a variance is declined by either the CCSD site administrator or Educational Services designee, the FORM will be returned to originating district.
- The district in which the student applies and is approved to attend school will forward the final executed form to the requesting parent showing approval or denial of student variance.