The mission of the Educational Services Department is to facilitate the improvement of academic achievement for all students district wide.
Continue to improve curriculum alignment
- Implement basic skill development programs for elementary, middle and high school in math, reading, science and social studies;
- Monitor and adjust curriculum maps yearly in all areas to ensure alignment with District and State Standards.
Coordinate professional development efforts district wide
- Focus professional development offerings to meet staff development needs to improve content knowledge, methods and management, technology and standards-based instruction;
- Offer in-service support to all schools for the implementation of strategies and programs which are included in School Improvement Plans.
Expand the utilization of test data
- Review and evaluate State Assessment Data;
- Utilize pre and post Measured Academic Progress (MAP) data to chart student academic growth in math and English Language Arts.